Hawaii as Civil Defense issues alert for 'inbound ballistic missile threat' which told thousands to 'urgently seek shelter' then takes 37 MINUTES to say it was a false alarm
- The alert was issued to residents' phones at 8.07am on Saturday morning
- It told them to seek shelter and warned of an 'inbound ballistic missile threat'
- Residents called Civil Defense in a panic and were told it was a mistake
- Despite government agencies tweeting that it was a mistake, it took 37 minutes for another alert to be issued
- Officials have since confirmed the mistake and said it was caused by 'human error'
- One person said they were told that 'someone pushed the wrong buttons' during an emergency systems drill
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5266357/Hawaii-receives-ballistic-missile-threat-warning.html#ixzz546JjzIrB
Original Hawaii Dream Post Below:
8/06/17 11:06 AM CDT.